Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Session Refresh traffic sudden increase

Level 2

Hi All,

Why is there a sudden increase in traffic, particularly in sessions? Is there any specific reason behind it?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Is there an Increase in total traffic (visitors) or just visits? a sudden increase in total traffic could be any thing either internal or external. I would look at your marketing channels to see where the increase was and depending on the result look into referrer to see where it was coming from. You could also talk to your marketing team to see if there was a campaign push you were un aware up. 

If you are seeing s spike in just sessions but actual traffic is constant then I would check to see if there were any recent releases that may have gone out with broken analytics. I also found this post that refers to this  https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/what-does-session-refresh...

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

There could be many reasons, for example your business may have initiated a campaign that drove more traffic to the site. Or perhaps a TikToc influenced mentioned your site. Maybe you dev team launched something that counted pages that were not tagged before, or perhaps the dev code is now over counting. I'd think you could want to ask your analysts to look into it.

Community Advisor

These two links have some good info that might be helpful in troubleshooting.

Adobe documentation

An old thread (link to blog no longer works, for me at least)

Correct answer by
Level 7

Is there an Increase in total traffic (visitors) or just visits? a sudden increase in total traffic could be any thing either internal or external. I would look at your marketing channels to see where the increase was and depending on the result look into referrer to see where it was coming from. You could also talk to your marketing team to see if there was a campaign push you were un aware up. 

If you are seeing s spike in just sessions but actual traffic is constant then I would check to see if there were any recent releases that may have gone out with broken analytics. I also found this post that refers to this  https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/what-does-session-refresh...