Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Segments

Level 2

Hello Adobe Analytics Community!

Is it possible to pull out all the segments that have been created for a particular report suite?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can see in which report suite a segment was created by going to Components > Segments > Other Filters > Show all. However, I don't see a way to download a list.

RobertBlakeley_1-1703016834831.png

RobertBlakeley_0-1703016726157.png

However, if the question is asking in which report suite is the segment used, that is more problematic. In Workspace, a segment created in Report Suite A can also be used in Report Suite B. And one can stop using that same segment in Report Suite A. I am unaware of how to get a list of report suites where a given segment is currently used. If no one else can suggest a way, you could submit the request as an "idea" to the community.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can see in which report suite a segment was created by going to Components > Segments > Other Filters > Show all. However, I don't see a way to download a list.

RobertBlakeley_1-1703016834831.png

RobertBlakeley_0-1703016726157.png

However, if the question is asking in which report suite is the segment used, that is more problematic. In Workspace, a segment created in Report Suite A can also be used in Report Suite B. And one can stop using that same segment in Report Suite A. I am unaware of how to get a list of report suites where a given segment is currently used. If no one else can suggest a way, you could submit the request as an "idea" to the community.

Community Advisor

The solution posted by @RobertBlakeley while good, will only support "permanent" segments, not ad hoc segments which could still be shared across multiple reports....

There is a lot of interest from the community for a proper segment usage report, and I think they are looking into it, but no clue if and when something like that could be released.

Level 4

You can download the list by going to components ---> segments,you can filter the report suite in left panel, then select the checkbox in left side and now you will see the option to download the list as CSV

Vinoth1991_1-1703063437928.png

Vinoth1991_0-1703063340255.png