Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Segments not working

Level 1

Is anyone having trouble with Segments not behaving the same in Data Warehouse as they do in Reporting Analytics since the update?  Data that is segmented in Reporting and Analytics is not being segmented in Data warehouse.  The segment in question uses a Hit container and applies to pages with a certain pattern  

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Vincent your issue is that you will get all referrers within the visit where that referrer happens. Since the referrer is good for the visit in the segment using hit or visit segmentation. Since you can't use sequential segmentation in data warehouse but for your report you can use then clause for 1 page view which allows you to kill the persistence of conversion variables. [it doesn't matter what's in the segment as long as it doesn't exist. Like pagename does not equal xyzzy and you don't have that page name. It will kill the segment but you will get the referrer.

Hey Tyronne, long time...

I think you are getting caught up in adobe changing pages from a traffic only variable to a hybrid variable that can have conversions applied to it so there is persistence. datawarehouse is showing you all the information for that if still at hp try prop73 which looks like it is pagename also and won't have any persistence issues. because sequential segments don't work in the data warehouse you can't use that trick.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

I have a similar problem.

After creating a segment with Referrer containing all of "techcrunch.com/2015/02/25/airpr-sells-its-pr-marketplace", I applied it in Referrers report (attached), but the report contains the referrers that are nothing to do with the url that I specified in the segment.

Is it a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Level 10

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out to Adobe Community.

You might want to go through the Segment Compatibility article in the segmentation help guide to know more on which Reports and Analytics segments are compatible with Data Warehouse.

Thanks!

Level 1

Thanks for the information, it will be helpful in planning future segments.  Unfortunately it doesn't address my issue.  The segment I've created should be applicable across all tools as it is a very basic one.

Example, The segment uses a HIT container and it is supposed to return pages where the 'Page' contains abd-cdf 

When I get the DW extract back it contains pages that do not meet this criteria.

Thanks for any help

Correct answer by
Level 6

Vincent your issue is that you will get all referrers within the visit where that referrer happens. Since the referrer is good for the visit in the segment using hit or visit segmentation. Since you can't use sequential segmentation in data warehouse but for your report you can use then clause for 1 page view which allows you to kill the persistence of conversion variables. [it doesn't matter what's in the segment as long as it doesn't exist. Like pagename does not equal xyzzy and you don't have that page name. It will kill the segment but you will get the referrer.

Hey Tyronne, long time...

I think you are getting caught up in adobe changing pages from a traffic only variable to a hybrid variable that can have conversions applied to it so there is persistence. datawarehouse is showing you all the information for that if still at hp try prop73 which looks like it is pagename also and won't have any persistence issues. because sequential segments don't work in the data warehouse you can't use that trick.