Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Passthrough of referring domains to cid tags from duplicate content

Level 2

link www.xyz.com/cid?abc123 is not being tracked whereas the root version xyz.com/cid?abc123 is the only one being tracked.

How can this problem be solved through configuration on Site Catalyst end.

I think the easy way is to reconfigure the www version to redirect but some data has been passed through already and I'd like to recoup that information if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Ziang Chen,

When you say that the 'www' address is not being tracked, do you mean that it's not showing up as a campaign?  Or are you saying something different?

I'm not totally sure I understand your problem, but depending on what is actually happening, here are some options that might help:

1) SAINT Classifications:  if both URLs are being captured, you can retroactively consolidate both values into one value

2) Processing Rules:  this won't help retroactively, but if both values are coming in, you could strip the 'www' so that they match

Please let me know if I'm not understanding correctly.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Ziang Chen,

When you say that the 'www' address is not being tracked, do you mean that it's not showing up as a campaign?  Or are you saying something different?

I'm not totally sure I understand your problem, but depending on what is actually happening, here are some options that might help:

1) SAINT Classifications:  if both URLs are being captured, you can retroactively consolidate both values into one value

2) Processing Rules:  this won't help retroactively, but if both values are coming in, you could strip the 'www' so that they match

Please let me know if I'm not understanding correctly.

Thanks!

Level 5

Hi

Please debug the implementation before rolling on production or could you please share more information so that i can run few test.

Regards

Devinder