Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Segments as Breakdowns - Data Warehouse API

Level 1

I am trying to pull reports from Data Warehouse that use multiple breakdown dimensions, including segments, but am not able to add segments as a dimension. Found this old thread suggesting it is not supported in Adobe Analytics 1.4 API, is that still the case?

If it is still the case, how could I use Adobe Analytics 2.0 API to get the same reports with multiple breakdowns including segments as a dimension?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Workspaces are built using API 2.0.. if you can create a report there that does what you need, you can actually get a copy of the API calls to use "as-is" or manipulate to your desired need.

First, enable debugging on your Workspace:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1686761292126.png

Now, you will see a new icon on your tables:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1686761310392.png

Click on this, and you will be presented with options for the Freeform Table or the Sparkline (you will want the table):

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1686761358694.png

Now, when you click on that, you will be presented with timestamps of API runs, when you choose any of these, a page will open up showing you the API request (in multiple formats) that was run to retrieve data:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1686761425350.png

You can copy that request and use it as needed....

But can I ask what the final use of the data will be? Would a scheduled project (in CSV format) work? Or a Scheduled Report Builder report?

There are many ways to get the data, ones that might be less effort than the API....

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Workspaces are built using API 2.0.. if you can create a report there that does what you need, you can actually get a copy of the API calls to use "as-is" or manipulate to your desired need.

First, enable debugging on your Workspace:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1686761292126.png

Now, you will see a new icon on your tables:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1686761310392.png

Click on this, and you will be presented with options for the Freeform Table or the Sparkline (you will want the table):

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1686761358694.png

Now, when you click on that, you will be presented with timestamps of API runs, when you choose any of these, a page will open up showing you the API request (in multiple formats) that was run to retrieve data:

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1686761425350.png

You can copy that request and use it as needed....

But can I ask what the final use of the data will be? Would a scheduled project (in CSV format) work? Or a Scheduled Report Builder report?

There are many ways to get the data, ones that might be less effort than the API....