Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Analytics through AEP WEB SDK | linkTracking incrementing the Page view data

Community Advisor

Hi Everyone

I have a question if anyone can advise  something here: 

We have implemented Adobe Analytics through web sdk.

For every page view , we get the eventType as web.webpagedetails.pageViews:

ambikaTewari_ATCI_0-1715949704430.jpeg

For every link trackig, we get eventType as web.webinteraction.linkClicks :

ambikaTewari_ATCI_1-1715949704431.jpeg

In network it seems fine , however when we check in reports the data is incrementing for Page view when link tracking action is done.

Ideally, Page view data should not be incremented with link tracking.

With each action of link click , data is incrementing at two places > in page view report data and click tracking data

Is there anything we can do to fix it? or is it currently expected behaviour ?

any help on this will be very helpful.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 1

Hi Ambika,

Adobe Analytics does not consider the eventType when determining how to process the data from SDK.

See: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/web-sdk/use-cases/adobe-analytics

or: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/functions/tl-method

You need to set the xdm > web > webinteraction > URL, name & type.

In our implementation we dont care about the URL, so it is the current page URL (since they are not really links, but page events), and we set the name and type to 'other'.

Fishman22_0-1715953563951.png

Community Advisor

While I don't use WebSDK, I would imagine that the eventType is more for CJA....

I AA, in the more "traditional" tracking, Page Name and Page URL are removed from links during processing (based on the inclusion of the s.pev1, s.pev2, etc

I had an issue when we first did our mobile apps, because I had a generic processing rule to set the Page Name and Page URL for our apps (and had a similar, clicks also triggering page views). I had to create a condition to only set these standard dimensions on views, and set these and our custom eVars on all hits...

I would expect that in WebSDK, if you are mapping the XDM to AA, you might have to make sure that you aren't mapping those fields on actions?