Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Data Feed raw data column auto convert in Excel

Level 2

Hi Team,,, Yesterday I received raw data from Data feed in zip format. After extracting it, when I opened the file seeing "event_list" column is getting converted into "##########". not able to understand the content behind it. Please suggest here how to extract data from "############"

DineshRkumar_0-1715926311830.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe this is just an Excel visual display, not an actual conversion of the content....

See https://superuser.com/questions/65556/excel-displays-for-long-text-whats-wrong

Can you open your raw data feed into a text editor? Notepad, Notepad++, TextEdit, etc

You should see the data as it actually is... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe this is just an Excel visual display, not an actual conversion of the content....

See https://superuser.com/questions/65556/excel-displays-for-long-text-whats-wrong

Can you open your raw data feed into a text editor? Notepad, Notepad++, TextEdit, etc

You should see the data as it actually is... 

Level 2

However, we can't play much in other editor than Excel.. any better way.. please suggest..

Community Advisor

Oh I get that, Excel is the tool for manipulating data, but you may have to try changing the data formatting to Text or General (to get it back), or as @Ankit_Chaudhary suggested, try and prevent Excel from converting the formatting to start with.

Level 4

During initial load excel ask to convert field type simply select don't convert any you might prevent this.