Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment Writing: I need to write a segment that determines if a page event occurred on a reloaded page

Level 2

What I've done so far is a hit based segement, where reload exits and page event exits.  Just a "reload exists segment" returned no page events.  

My two thoughts on why this is occuring is that 

1) my segment is bad

2) my page events are not connected to the page/screen view.  

Really hope someone can help me with this.  There is urgency. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks very much, sincerely.  But this explains my problem without solving it.

In your opinion, could this be solved by using a visit container, where reload exits an then within one hit "page event is equal or less than 10" (to capture multiple page events).  I then use this to segment page events.  I get numbers and think they might be right, but there may be a hole in my logic. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear mddddfasdfasdfaere,

I don't see a problem with the HIT segment with "Reloads exists" (Absolutely fine).

So, the problem would be around the Page Event. Page Event doesn't correlate with the reload event in the same HIT, and thus you are not seeing the numbers.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks very much, sincerely.  But this explains my problem without solving it.

In your opinion, could this be solved by using a visit container, where reload exits an then within one hit "page event is equal or less than 10" (to capture multiple page events).  I then use this to segment page events.  I get numbers and think they might be right, but there may be a hole in my logic. 

Community Advisor

Dear mddddfasdfasdfaere,

VISIT container will include all the visits with 'Reload exists' and (Assuming the operator is AND) Page Event happens. If you want to include  'Reload exists' then Page Event, you can use a sequential segment (THEN operator), either in the next HIT or any time period based on the container (Here, Visit).

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics