Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment or custom date range based on a dimension value

Level 2

Hi I've a business requirement to analyse the visits to each page based on 30 days from the Last Modified Date of the page. Each page has a different Last Modified Date and this date is stored in an eVar.

In a freeform table, the Page dimension and Visit metric are used.

Q1: Is it possible to create a segment containing hits that are 30 days from the Last Modified Date? This segment can then be used to filter the visits in the freeform table. 

Q2: Are there other ways to approach this business requirement?

TIA!

Rach

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @acookie4rachel,

No, you can do that with eVar as it is stored as a string and you can't do calculations or numeric comparisons.

To do that, you need to track the last modified date and the hit time as UNIX timestamp to different metrics. Then you can create a calculated metric by 'hit time timestamp - last modified date timestamp' and then a segment to compare that calculated metric to whatever value you wanted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @acookie4rachel,

No, you can do that with eVar as it is stored as a string and you can't do calculations or numeric comparisons.

To do that, you need to track the last modified date and the hit time as UNIX timestamp to different metrics. Then you can create a calculated metric by 'hit time timestamp - last modified date timestamp' and then a segment to compare that calculated metric to whatever value you wanted.

Level 2

Thanks @leocwlau  for the suggestion to use unix timestamp. Let me try it.