Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Segment exclude dates not working

Level 1

Hi, i am trying to exclude from a visits report to a specific landing page ALL dates prior to 30 May 2018. However, i still get volumes for the excluded dates..

So what i have done is add a container "Page equals Landing Page" and then i have added separate containers

• Quarter equals Jan 18 - Mar 18 and selected "exclude" from the container options, then
  • Month equals Apr 18 and selected "exclude" from the container options, then
  • Same logic for weeks until 20 May
  • Same logic for days until 29 May

it doesn't work. Still getting volumes for early May and even before (April etc.)

Thanks

Kostas

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

i would not exclude but include „after a certain date“

steps:

1) create custom date with „fixed start date = 30.5.2018“ and „end = today“

2) create hit segment „desired traffic“ where you only insert the new date range created before

3) add segment to your reporting as a (global) filter

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

i would not exclude but include „after a certain date“

steps:

1) create custom date with „fixed start date = 30.5.2018“ and „end = today“

2) create hit segment „desired traffic“ where you only insert the new date range created before

3) add segment to your reporting as a (global) filter

Level 1

That sounds like a good idea, but how do i create a custom date? I am not working on report builder. I need to add this as a new date range to apply it as a segment in my Workspace report

Community Advisor

create „custom date range“ either within the workspace project (menu: add new item - date ranges) or in the components section.

Level 1

i have seen that, but i can't make it work with a fixed start date and a last date as "Yesterday" .

1501291_pastedImage_1.png

Community Advisor

you csn create your custom date range as follow:

Start: Fixed Date [your start date]

End: „End of current day“ minus „1 day“