Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment Comparison(Hit VS Visit VS Visitor)

Level 2

Hello

I recently started studying Adobe Analytics.

But I have not understood idea of segmentation correctly.

I have made some documents for my deep understanding of Hit vs Visit vs Visitor.

Could someone let me know if my understanding is correct or not. (Especially visitor case of following)

1621184_pastedImage_0.png

1621185_pastedImage_1.png

1621186_pastedImage_2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi kodaio44098824

visitor segment: yes, if visit 1 or visit 3 mathces the criteria, visit 2 will be included in visitor segment.

results:

you are looking at revenue. did you check for missing data? it might be possible to have the same revenue on all segments, if no visitor had the pattern you mentioned in the example in the selected time range!

I would check for other metrics such as "page views" and "visits" and check for difference.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi kodaio44098824

Since already explained in the other forum question I will not go into details about hit vs. visit (they should be clear by now due to the discussion in the other thread)

visitor segment

according to your scenario all visits of the user are included in the segment, as soon as any visit matches the criteria. that means, in the visitor example you would see all visits.

let me know if you have any more questions

Community Advisor

for all others reading the question, the other forum thread mentioned above can be found here:

Is my understanding of hit container in segment correct?

Level 2

Thank you for the answer.

So my visitor case is correct due to following reason?

Since Visit 1 and Visit 2 matches criteria,visit 2 is included even though Visit 2  match criteria.

Level 2

If my understanding correct,

I think that revenue should not be same unlike following result.

Why does it happen?

1621215_pastedImage_0.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi kodaio44098824

visitor segment: yes, if visit 1 or visit 3 mathces the criteria, visit 2 will be included in visitor segment.

results:

you are looking at revenue. did you check for missing data? it might be possible to have the same revenue on all segments, if no visitor had the pattern you mentioned in the example in the selected time range!

I would check for other metrics such as "page views" and "visits" and check for difference.

Level 2

Thank you so much for helping me.

I added more more metrics here.

And change time range for longer one.

But Revenue is same.

1621930_pastedImage_1.png

Let me add detail of segment for just in case.

1621940_pastedImage_2.png1621941_pastedImage_3.png

1621942_pastedImage_4.png

Community Advisor

your segments and data look ok. it just means that you had no visitor who bought both above AND below the limit...

to check if that is true, make a visitor segment with hit "order above" and hit "order below" - should be zero unique visitors

Level 2

Thank you so much.

I could figure out why revenue of visit and visit was same.

All visitor purchase per 1 visit.

Again,Thank you so much.

Level 2

Thank  you so much.

Now I Understand concept of segment.