Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment and Link duplication

Level 2

Hi Everyone, 

I'm trying to get results for particular link in segment. I use .html at end as I don't want child pages, However, in analysis, it's showing me as link TWICE one without HTML and another with HTML. I'm not sure why it's throwing duplication with different values. Can you please help in understanding, how can I fix?

Rimple_Manni_0-1648704586167.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for that info.

I just noticed this: your segment uses URL [v2] and you specify the full URL paths, including slash and all.

But your freeform table only shows the last part of the URL. Are you using another dimension in that table? If you use URL [v2] in that table, do you get the same problem?

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you please provide your segment's specification? A screenshot of it would be most helpful.

Community Advisor

Thanks for the screenshot. And just to confirm that there are no other conditions in that segment, right?

One more question: is your segment scoped at the Visitor, Visit or Hit level? Your screenshot shows that it's Hit-scoped for the set of URL (eVar2) conditions, but it's not clear about how the entire segment is scoped at its topmost level.

Level 2

It's at HIT level and it only includes country filter other than that

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for that info.

I just noticed this: your segment uses URL [v2] and you specify the full URL paths, including slash and all.

But your freeform table only shows the last part of the URL. Are you using another dimension in that table? If you use URL [v2] in that table, do you get the same problem?

Level 2

In Table, I have used Page Dimension, but I don't get this problem in other dashs?

Community Advisor

Are there any segments being applied at the dashboard itself?

Community Advisor

Try breaking down your Page dimension by URL [v2] and see if for the "duplicate" Pages, you get the same URL [v2]'s.

If so, and you don't have this problem with other dashboards, then check if those other dashboards have any filters or other segments that "clean up" the Page dimension's values.