Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Segment about last hit of the session

Level 3

Hi all,

I want to create a segment containing last hits of the visit.

I was thinking about using metric exits with condition exists but this one is not present in the segment builder.

And also, I must be able to add this info in the Datawarehouse export.

Any suggestion about how I can do that?

Reason: I have a daily export with data from datawarehouse and the receiver request to know if the visit is complete or not.

Thanks

Robin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you can make do with "Exit Page exists" in a hit-scoped container in your segment. Knowing the last page that a user saw before leaving the site is probably what the receiver wants to know.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you can make do with "Exit Page exists" in a hit-scoped container in your segment. Knowing the last page that a user saw before leaving the site is probably what the receiver wants to know.

Community Advisor

Exit Page exists is a good solution... and then you can use the "Exit Pages" or any of your custom dimensions in the Data Warehouse export.

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1665064051306.png

Level 3

Thanks but what is needed is really a flag on the DWH export to explain which hit is the last one of the session.
Because as the DWH export is daily, there are some uncomplete sessions (session spread on 2 days because it was around midnight) and as they only want to ingest complete session in the external DB, my DWH extract has to be able to flag the complete ones.

Robin

Level 3

Sorry, this one is not the solution: I thicked the accepted solution wrongly. Any idea how I can undo this?

Exit page is set for all page of the visit, meaning all page of the visits will be in this segment because they all have one exit page.
That's the reason why I wanted to use the metric exits but it's not available in the segment builder...

Community Advisor

Right, I have been looking into this, but so far don't have a working segment.... I will let you know if I come up with something....

Community Advisor

Way back in 2014 I logged an idea to ask Adobe to make this possible.   Replying to this idea @Urs_Boller shared a way to get at this using a segment.  Here is the link to the idea, including the post explaining how to do this with a segment...

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/make-it-possible-to-segment-o...

Hope this helps

Community Advisor

Too bad this won't work in the Data Warehouse... as soon as you add the "Then" function, it becomes incompatible with the Warehouse....

I was trying to play with Then and Sequences.. but I noticed the compatibility issue early on...