Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Searching for Segments

Level 5

Why is it so difficult to search for segments? Am I missing something?

It makes no difference if I'm in Segment Manager or trying to add segments to a report in Analytics; The search box returns segments that have nothing to do with my search. Here are a couple examples:

Search: cava

Results:

Page Contains "K12" - [Visitor] Then AR(e17)

MPSSchools "OHVA" Activity Link "Apply today!" - [Visitor]

Search: product

Results:

Parent Portal (Colorado Virtual Academy) - [Visitor]
Previous Page  = "Entered Site" - [Visit]
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I believe it uses logic that becomes increasingly more generous when it doesn't find enough results.

If you search for "cava", the top results would be something like "cavalier". However since there aren't many items meeting that criteria, it becomes a little more lenient. For example, "caravan" would likely show up below cavalier since all the letters in "cava" are in "caravan".

If you have any specific examples where searching for something doesn't show up when you would expect it should, that would be helpful feedback to improve search.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Alim,

Can you share the screen grab. Unable to get your statement above!

Thank You

Arun

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I believe it uses logic that becomes increasingly more generous when it doesn't find enough results.

If you search for "cava", the top results would be something like "cavalier". However since there aren't many items meeting that criteria, it becomes a little more lenient. For example, "caravan" would likely show up below cavalier since all the letters in "cava" are in "caravan".

If you have any specific examples where searching for something doesn't show up when you would expect it should, that would be helpful feedback to improve search.