Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Scroll Rate for Page Dimension in Report

Level 4

Here I need have metric i.e.scroll rate, so I have created numeric event for scroll rate. 

bindukumari1990_0-1616961555270.png

So, for this I have used below plugin code and assigned it to prop and event8. 

bindukumari1990_1-1616961675489.png

When I checked in debugger tool, the event is coming properly with the value, but no data is shown in the AA reports. Please suggest the any solution. As I am beginner and new to tool.

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I re-read your s.events line in your original post's screenshot, and realised that there's another error: the "event8" isn't within the string itself.

Your s.events string should be like this:

s.events = "event8=" + s._ppvHighestPercentViewed;

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Community Advisor

In your event8, you should be tracking the number only. You should not include the "highestPercentViewed=" string.

Level 4
@yuhuisg I have done it, but still it is showing no data in AA reports.

Community Advisor
Are you tracking these as Custom Links, i.e. with s.tl() ? If so, have you set s.linkTrackVars and s.linkTrackEvents before firing s.tl() ?

Community Advisor
Well, there's your problem. You need to set s.linkTrackVars and s.linkTrackEvents with Custom Links if you're using custom code to set any props, eVars and/or events.

Level 4
@yuhuisg, I am not tracking this as custom link, I have created the event and added the above code which is shown in screenshot in the adobe analytics extension.

Community Advisor
Can you show a screenshot from your debugger tool that shows the event being sent to AA?

Community Advisor
Thanks. Ok, looks like the problem is with how you've constructed your s.events string, otherwise the debugger won't show the Events value starting with "22".

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I re-read your s.events line in your original post's screenshot, and realised that there's another error: the "event8" isn't within the string itself.

Your s.events string should be like this:

s.events = "event8=" + s._ppvHighestPercentViewed;