Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Scheduled Projects Not Being Sent some days, not others

Level 2

Has anyone found why regularly scheduled projects suddenly aren't delivered? Here are a couple issues that have arisen:

• Issue 1: Daily Projects
    • 4 scheduled projects (PDF, CSVs for 2 different reports) have been sent consistently for the past 2.5 weeks without issue until this week
    • Failed to send 5/30/2022
    • Sent 5/31/2022
    • Failed to send 6/1/2022
    • Adjusted the delivery time from 6:00 am EDT to be an hour later in case our 6 am EDT time was too close to any Adobe "off-hour" maintenance windows; Sent on 6/2/2022
  • Use case 2: Monthly Projects - delivered on 1st day of month
    • Sent without issue for the past 10 months without any issues
    • 6/1/2022: 4 rescheduled from the daily to 7:01 am EDT were sent. 7 scheduled for 7:01-7:05 failed to send. Others sent as expected, with no rhyme or reason to which sent and which didn't. Small # of query ones for 7:01 failed to send, while one with many a larger # of queries for 7:03 did send. No special characters in sight. No email / server / policy changes of note.

Any ideas are welcome. We're tempted to change the delivery times, but not certain that will resolve issues (and not cause other issues).

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have logged a P2 Severity Ticket with Adobe... 

I also was having issue the same days as you... I suspect this has nothing to do with the schedule, and something was broken with a maintenance deployment a few days ago when the issue started.

Because of this, and the lack of information about what failed/what didn't... and no mechanism to bulk re-send... I logged the following idea: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/improvements-to-scheduled-pro...

Would love your thoughts on other things that could be added to improve this area so that when things do go south... there is a way to mediate it.. rather than spending all day finding the reports that were supposed to send, and sending them off manually.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have logged a P2 Severity Ticket with Adobe... 

I also was having issue the same days as you... I suspect this has nothing to do with the schedule, and something was broken with a maintenance deployment a few days ago when the issue started.

Because of this, and the lack of information about what failed/what didn't... and no mechanism to bulk re-send... I logged the following idea: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/improvements-to-scheduled-pro...

Would love your thoughts on other things that could be added to improve this area so that when things do go south... there is a way to mediate it.. rather than spending all day finding the reports that were supposed to send, and sending them off manually.

Level 2

@Jennifer_Dungan Thank you for validating this and for the great idea you suggested! Just liked it there. I’ll try to add the link to that idea to other forum posts I found today that would benefit. 

Community Advisor

Something else you can do is run a quick Performance report on your Workspace.  I was sort of "put in my place" one time by an Adobe Support Rep who told me that my report was just a little "out of compliance" in that it was exceeding certain parameters, and that's why it was sometimes failing and other times not recently.  This is NOT to say your report(s) are out of compliance.  Mine were like borderline - ISH!!

Also, nevermind the fact that I had never had problems with the reports failing for the past year before, up until a week or so before it began happening on an infrequent basis. 

I did the same thing.  I rescheduled my reports for 7:00am, and it seems I have much less problems than when I have them running at 6:00am.  Go figure. 

Jeff Bloomer

Level 2

Thanks @jeff_bloomer. I'd be curious if there are any details you can share about what constitutes "out of compliance" and even borderline-ish. I'm guessing it has something to do with the # of queries that Adobe recently added to the list of scheduled projects. (Though even scheduled ones with lower numbers are intermittently not sending with no good explanation.)

This happened again yesterday (5-Jun-2022) and today (6-Jun-2022), though 1/4 was sent. For my issue 1 described above, the PDF version was sent for 1 of the 2 reports, but not the CSV. 

Anyone else experiencing this more frequently recently, or alternatively, have suggestions for resolving? (Safety in numbers as Adobe may try and resolve if enough of us are having issues)

Community Advisor

Hi @katew55188240,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but , you are correct.  In fact, on two of mine it was for available components and expanded visualizations; however, I have to have them expanded when I'm sending out a PDF to those who can't use AA.

jeff_bloomer_1-1655817802538.png

What I find fascinating, though, is by simply shifting my reports by 30 minutes or an hour one way or another (I moved a few to 6:30am, a couple to 7:00am, and one to 5:30am), I have essentially dealt with the issues I was having.  Again, nevermind the fact I was successfully running these scheduled projects for more than years! 

Jeff Bloomer

Community Advisor

FYI, I got a response from Adobe on Friday night that the issue was fixed... I wasn't able to confirm until this morning... but all my reports successfully sent...

Hopefully your reports have started working again @katew55188240