Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Scheduled Projects External Email Recipients

Employee

Hi,

I'm working with a customer who is having issues trying to send a scheduled project to manually entered email recipients. External recipients are users who are not currently setup as a user in the admin console.  Users who are setup within the console, and added to the distribution list, are able to receive the report. Based on the documentation this should work. We have checked with IT to confirm the emails are not being blocked. We also looked into AEM security settings as well.  Any ideas on why this is not working? 

Thanks

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/curate-share/t-schedule...

4 - Add recipients or groups. Email addresses can also be entered.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Given how often this issue comes up, I am going to guess that this is the issue they are seeing?

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1678147773698.png

If you add an email, you must hit enter to actually complete this as being an email object:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1678147831540.png

If you have a list of users, then an email that has not been finalized, the email won't actually send.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Given how often this issue comes up, I am going to guess that this is the issue they are seeing?

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1678147773698.png

If you add an email, you must hit enter to actually complete this as being an email object:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1678147831540.png

If you have a list of users, then an email that has not been finalized, the email won't actually send.

Community Advisor

You're welcome

Myself and Mandy George were talking about this issue, and logged this Idea to improve the error messages to help people with this very issue.. it would be helpful if you added an upvote (like) on that idea to try and get this added to the roadmap: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-ideas/provide-more-details-about-er...