Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Approx Count Cross Device

Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to calculate a count of customer id's that have logged in on different devices. I've used approx count distinct to give me a count of customers id's that have logged in but I'm trying to take it one step further and would like a count of customers id's where they've logged in on both a mobile and desktop device. Any suggestions on if this is possible and solution would be appreciated. 

joshd96900295_1-1678213288753.png

Thanks, 

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, without access to Adobe's Device Graph (which is available through Adobe Analytics Ultimate package / Customer Journey Analytics) where you can use a new metric called "people"... there is no way that I am aware of to stitch the different UV metrics for your different platforms together to look for customers that have logged in to both places....

You could try using Report Builder to pull the data into Excel, then use Excel to perform the logic to only show you your customers that have been in both platforms.....

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Unfortunately, without access to Adobe's Device Graph (which is available through Adobe Analytics Ultimate package / Customer Journey Analytics) where you can use a new metric called "people"... there is no way that I am aware of to stitch the different UV metrics for your different platforms together to look for customers that have logged in to both places....

You could try using Report Builder to pull the data into Excel, then use Excel to perform the logic to only show you your customers that have been in both platforms.....