Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Scalable percent change?

Level 2

Hello,

In Workspace, I am using the percent change column to track YoY changes. I right click on a column and choose the date range I want to compare to, and the percent change column is generated.

The percent change column seems to be generated in a way that is hard coded to the two input columns. Is there a way to set up a percent change column that is just attached to the two columns, and is NOT hard coded? It would be much easier to change date ranges and segments if I could do this. Currently if I change date ranges or segments on my columns, the percent change column does not always accurately reflect the change in date range or segment.

I know the summary change visualization does this, attaches to 2 cells instead of being hard coded. Can the percent change column do that as well?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

It is only dynamic if you use rolling dates.

If you click for example on "Prior month to this date range" it won't be hard coded but if you select a specifi period it will be hard coded.

For MoM changes, I created a date range as follows :

Start : start of current month minus 28 days

End : start of current day minus 28 days

For YoY, try this :

Start : start of current year minus 1 year

End : start of current day minus 365 days

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi,

It is only dynamic if you use rolling dates.

If you click for example on "Prior month to this date range" it won't be hard coded but if you select a specifi period it will be hard coded.

For MoM changes, I created a date range as follows :

Start : start of current month minus 28 days

End : start of current day minus 28 days

For YoY, try this :

Start : start of current year minus 1 year

End : start of current day minus 365 days