Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SAP data and revenue doubt

Level 1

Hello, when reviewing the SAP and Adobe Analytics “Revenue” data with the client we have a difference of 10% to 12%. I understand that the data will never be exact but there is a way to lower this %

Krozi_0-1713275523131.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This can be normal

What is key is SAP can factor in returns, cancellations, credits, phone orders(assuming a sales help desk might add orders in directly), Adobe typically wont know more offline like events like that. When related to initial purchase event.

What i recommend is you in Adobe capture transaction ID so you can compare to SAP transaction IDs to Adobe Transaction IDS, This will allow more 1 to 1 and t he deltas can then lead you to see are they indeed offline actions or not.

GLTU

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This can be normal

What is key is SAP can factor in returns, cancellations, credits, phone orders(assuming a sales help desk might add orders in directly), Adobe typically wont know more offline like events like that. When related to initial purchase event.

What i recommend is you in Adobe capture transaction ID so you can compare to SAP transaction IDs to Adobe Transaction IDS, This will allow more 1 to 1 and t he deltas can then lead you to see are they indeed offline actions or not.

GLTU

Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

This is normal. I think at my last organization we had a difference of about 9-10%.

Something to keep in mind, from the Adobe end, is that it's based on web data. So, if your order call doesn't fire for some reason (like if customers are clicking through pages/links too fast), then that order will be missed in workspace. Also, check your workspace, is it a VRS? If so then you've likely got segments filtering out bots, internal traffic, or other groups. All of those can impact the order number as well. If you want to compare as closely as possible for revenue, I would use a regular report suite without any segments added to it.

From the SAP end, is this including only orders placed on your site, or does it include other channels too (orders placed in store, through multi-channel fulfilment, by phone/chat with customer support, etc.)? If it is including revenue from any source other than your website, exclude that before comparing the numbers. Adobe will only capture what actually happens on your site.