Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

s.t() on button click loses tracking

Level 2

I am making three different s.t() calls on button click and redirecting page from server side on the same click. I am seeing only one tracking call to omniture instead of 3 tracking calls , while seeing this on fiddler. Why my two other tracking calls lost. is that due to before sending the omniture request the redirection happened? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Mahesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Mahesh,

Based on the information you've provided, I'd recommend troubleshooting the issue by removing the redirect in your dev environment to see if all 3 calls fire. If they do, then the redirect would be your culprit. I'd recommend delaying the loading of a new page in time for the calls to go out so the s.t() functions have enough time to compile and send the web beacons to the Analytics servers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Mahesh,

Based on the information you've provided, I'd recommend troubleshooting the issue by removing the redirect in your dev environment to see if all 3 calls fire. If they do, then the redirect would be your culprit. I'd recommend delaying the loading of a new page in time for the calls to go out so the s.t() functions have enough time to compile and send the web beacons to the Analytics servers.

Level 5

Hi

As beacon need 500ms to compile completely , place a delay before redirecting.

Please let us know if you are still facing issue.

Regards

Devinder