Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Rolling dates and comparing week over week

Level 1

Hi, I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to figure out how to use rolling dates in a report where a campaign started on a set date, say Jan. 25, 2022 and I want to create a weekly report highlighting the campaign metrics for the previous week. I've created a time segment for Jan. 25 - present day (minus 1 day) with the idea of sending a weekly report every Monday morning. Trouble I'm having is how do I see how the previous week has done but then show how that week contributed to the overall campaign? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Create a (purple) date range where the dates are:

Start date: Current day minus 14 days

End date: Current day minus 7 days

That will be your "2 weeks ago" date range.

Now when your scheduled report runs on Monday, that date range will result in data for the Mon-Sun of 2 weeks ago.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Create a (purple) date range where the dates are:

Start date: Current day minus 14 days

End date: Current day minus 7 days

That will be your "2 weeks ago" date range.

Now when your scheduled report runs on Monday, that date range will result in data for the Mon-Sun of 2 weeks ago.

Hope that helps!

Level 4

Hey @TheRoc  - Can you clarify a bit on your request, you mentioned that the start day of the campaign is fixed, Jan 25 and you need to send the report every Monday. So, on Jan 31, it should have had data from Jan 25-30.

For Jan 7, should it have data from Jan 25-Feb6 or Jan 31- Feb 6 ? Or do you want a comparison with last week, like on Jan 7, report on data from Jan 25 to Feb 6 and also have a freeform to compare last week which is Jan 25 - 30 ?

Level 1

Hi Raawi,

I'm looking to send the report every Monday and the fixed date is always Jan. 25. So for ex. today's report would have data from Jan. 25 - Feb. 6 and next Monday would be Jan. 25 - Feb. 13.

But then I wanted to create a calculated metric (if possible) to show the % increase of page visits for example, from the previous week (Jan. 31 - Feb. 6) compared to the overall dates of Jan. 25 - Feb. 6. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Level 4

Hey @TheRoc - Thanks for explaining.

I believe you are expecting something like below, my suggestion would be to create calculated metrics in advance for all these weeks in question, as I am not sure if this can be automated.

You will then need to manually adjust the report every time before sending it. I am not sure if it is a viable solution though.

CalculatedMetric.png