Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Retrieve standard segment IDs via API

Level 2

Hello everybody,

I want to retrieve segmented data via the Adobe Analytics API. I have a script providing me with the segment IDs I need for structuring my API calls, however, they only provide me the IDs of the custom segments I created or somebody else created and shared with me:

library(RSiteCatalyst)

SCAuth("[MY_CREDENTIALS]", "[SHARED_SECRET]")

segments <- GetSegments("[REOPORTSUITE]")

print(segments)

I still need the standard segments like "Return Visits", "First Time Visits" etc, though. Unfortunately, until now I was not able to find information the API call I need in order to obtain those segments' IDs.

Can anyone tell me how to get these IDs?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jonis

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jonis,

API's does not return the OOB segments, however you can create a copy of the standard segment from the UI and than you should be able to retrieve those from API's.

I think this is a useful resource too GET Shared Segments from Analytics API 2.0 

-Ankit

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Jonis,

API's does not return the OOB segments, however you can create a copy of the standard segment from the UI and than you should be able to retrieve those from API's.

I think this is a useful resource too GET Shared Segments from Analytics API 2.0 

-Ankit

Level 2

Thank you very much for the quick response! This worked.