Expand my Community achievements bar.

Request files through FTP using new UI

Level 1

Hi,

Can someone guide me to on creating FTP request through Adobe datawarehouse.

Earlier we used to input only 

Host 

Directory 

Username 

Password 

Port 

But now we have many other highlighted details which are confusing. What to fill in these details? I

venkateshc28733_0-1696382837034.pngvenkateshc28733_1-1696382864256.png

@

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

It looks to me like you can create a repository of locations (rather than having to manually input locations each time). (Note: I don't have this interface yet, so I am basing this on your screenshots)

Account Name and Description look like just information you can use to identify the location (I don't think it has any bearing on the behaviour or connectivity)

Hostname has always existed, that is the FTP URL or FTP IP address. This is what you are connecting to.

Location Name and Description look like duplication for Account Name and Description... that is confusing..  here is the documentation (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/data-warehouse/dw-create-request/dw-request...) it's almost like they are using "Location" to distinguish similar "accounts"... but why you wouldn't just make the account names and descriptions distinguish it... I don't know.... 

Directory Path also always existed, this is the folder structure in your FTP where you want the files to be dropped.. if you just need it in the root, I assume you would just use "/"

Good Luck

Level 1

Followed the same, but unfortunately its throwing an error.

venkateshc28733_0-1696388356079.png

Community Advisor

Do you have an FTP program that you can test the main connection details with? Ensuring that all the information you entered does work?

By main details I mean:

• Hostname
  • Port
  • Username
  • Password
  • Directory Path