Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

ReportBuilder 5.0 Permissions Issue

Level 2

While the new permissions settings are great, it looks like there could be a glitch. We have users that have ReportBuilder licenses and I have granted access to the appropriate report suites, they can get logged in but when opening an existing ARB report, the get the error to refresh the queries and get the CSV of permission errors, which was done. In reviewing the errors it is reporting them on the report suite that they have access to, so why would they get this error? 

I second the comment posted by another individual, in which the new functionality is needed, but if it isn't going to work do NOT get rid of 4.7 and we are switching back. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

You will want to double-check and make sure the users not only have access to the report suites listed, but that they also have access to each dimension and metric they are trying to pull in via Report builder. Also, it may be helpful to re-login to the client after permissions have been updated. If you still see problems with permission errors, then I would definitely recommend reaching out to Client Care to get an incident logged for this issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

Seeing this same issue. 

I know how to add user permissions to report suites, but adding permissions to access metrics... I've never heard of this. 

Users seeing issues have access to report suites they are trying to run reports for, but I have no idea how to add access for metrics. 

Any help would be appreciated. Client care support was not helpful - are "looking into it"...

Level 1

I'm having a similar issue with a group of users in my company. 

At first the list of available metrics within ARB was very limited - after I checked off all the metrics and reports I could find for the group, the list expanded to include all of the metrics available before the release of version 5, but regardless of which metric I pull using their account I get an error message to check permissions.

I have repeatedly checked all of the permissions for the group.  I have even tried to delete and recreate the group but no luck.

Correct answer by
Level 3

You will want to double-check and make sure the users not only have access to the report suites listed, but that they also have access to each dimension and metric they are trying to pull in via Report builder. Also, it may be helpful to re-login to the client after permissions have been updated. If you still see problems with permission errors, then I would definitely recommend reaching out to Client Care to get an incident logged for this issue.

Level 2

we are also facing the same issue, this issue seems for all the general users . Since I am a admin user, I can login and see all the reports in RB..We did try all the trouble steps but no luck . Also created an incident with an Adobe and still waiting for an update. 

Can anyone suggest the possible trouble steps to fix this issue.

Level 1

Agree. I can simultaneously run a report in the web interface and get an error message on the same report in RB.

I get the result with "Cannot access metric" (averagetimespentonpage, averagetimespentonvisit,singleaccess) and "... element" (an eVar).

Very strange.