Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Report preview in dashboard starting not with first line item

Level 5

Hi, I have some dashboards that were created by a former user in the company which show me the lines of the items. But interestingly it doesn't start with item number one in the report but rather with item number 25. I wasn't aware one can do this, but it would be handy when creating some dashboards where I don't want to see the, e.g., top 10 items but rather the following ones. Any clue on how to do this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

There is no direct feature to accomplish this but there is a hack and you are gonna love it!

Go into reports and analytics and open a ranked report. Go to the second page and check the url, it should be something like this: 

https://sc.omniture.com/sc15/reports/index.html?rp=row%7C50%3Bdetail_depth%7C50&r=Report.MostPopular...

Go to the section 'rp=row%7C50%' of the URL and change the number to to line item you want the reportlet to start from. e.g If you want to start from the 11th line item change it to 'rp=row%7C10%' and press enter. You will see the 11th line item as the first in the report.

Now select 'More' option and click on 'Dashboard' and it will reflect the same in your reportlet as well.

Let me know if this works out for you. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

There is no direct feature to accomplish this but there is a hack and you are gonna love it!

Go into reports and analytics and open a ranked report. Go to the second page and check the url, it should be something like this: 

https://sc.omniture.com/sc15/reports/index.html?rp=row%7C50%3Bdetail_depth%7C50&r=Report.MostPopular...

Go to the section 'rp=row%7C50%' of the URL and change the number to to line item you want the reportlet to start from. e.g If you want to start from the 11th line item change it to 'rp=row%7C10%' and press enter. You will see the 11th line item as the first in the report.

Now select 'More' option and click on 'Dashboard' and it will reflect the same in your reportlet as well.

Let me know if this works out for you. Thanks!

Tanmay