Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder version 5 showing wrong value for Bounce Rate

Level 1

Hi,

We have upgraded to Report Builder 5. But it is showing wrong value for bounce rate whereas if we refresh the data block in RB 4.7 it is showing correct data. For Example we are getting value as .00343 but the correct value is 34%.
anybody is facing same type of issue with RB 5 or is there any work around.Any help is highly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Asim,

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

This is a known issue affecting Report builder. It is expected to be fixed in the August 21 Maintenance Release.

Kind Regards

Rahul

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 3

Hello,

same isuse here, but I cannot confirm that id did not work in ARB 5.0 at all.

End of July, I refreshed my reports with ARB 5.0.27 and all Bounce Rate metrics were OK. Then I refreshed again end of August (still with ARB 5.0.27): all values were wrong.

After update to ARB 5.0.44, the problem was solved.

Neither the existence nor the fix of the issue has been announced in the Release Notes. I would expect that releases do fix known issues, but not "implement" bugs to older versions. It is not always possible for users to update to the latest version of software, due to internal software release processes etc. Furthermore, it is not possible to check all reports for data integrety after a update.

Therefore, it would be great if Adobe not only would inform when bugs are fixed, but also if releases or new versions influence older versions or make older versions not running well.

Level 8

Hi Asim,

This usually happens because the output is in decimals.

Have you tried changing the cell formatting to percentage? That usually sorts it out.

Alternatively, you could create a new column which multiplies your bounce rate value by 100.

Kind Regards

Rahul

Level 8

Hi Asim,

This usually happens because the output is in decimals.

Have you tried changing the cell formatting to percentage? That usually sorts this out.

Alternatively, you could create a new column which multiplies your bounce rate value by 100 to get the accurate value.

Kind Regards

Rahul

Level 1

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for the response.

I tried changing the cell formatting to percentage and it is showing me .34% where the correct value is 34%.

Also we can create a cell which multiples the bounce rate value but we need to schedule this RB report so that it will come to mail box directly hence we will have two cell one with wrong value and one with correct. Hope i am clear to your points.

Regards

Level 8

Hi Hans,

Apologies for the release notes not being helpful to you. Regret the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Rahul 

Level 8

Hi Asim,

Apologies. I believe this is an known issue with RB v5.

I suggest for the time being use RB v4.7 since you need to schedule the reports.

I'll let you know of any updates on a workaround as soon as I get any info.

Kind Regards

Rahul

Level 1

Thanks Rahul.

We could use RB v4.7 but the challenge we are facing with RB v4.7 is if we create a segment in Discover, it is not reflecting in to RB.

Regards.

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Asim,

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

This is a known issue affecting Report builder. It is expected to be fixed in the August 21 Maintenance Release.

Kind Regards

Rahul