Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Report Builder Site Metrics bug?

Level 4

Hi,

I've noticed when using report builder, a glitch in the Site Metrics report.

I have created a monthly report which runs off a fixed date range: 01/03/2015 - 29/02/2016. The intention being that each month, the overall figures will automatically increase cumulatively, so users will get a running total each month.

However, I have noticed that when the end date is later than "todays" date, this seems to confuse report builder and throws up an incorrect value.

For example:

If I run a site metrics report for 1 March 2015 - 1 Jan 2016 I get 100 Page Views

If I run a site metrics report for 1 March 2015 - 1 Feb 2016 I get 90 Page Views  (Note the end date of this report is in the future.)

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

Tobz

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Toby and Martjin,

This behavior may happen if the real time reporting is turned on which usually is the case in Report Builder. Go to Options and uncheck 'Include current data' and try again. Let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Tanmay

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi Toby,

Are there any segments applied in this report? It is possible that a segment excludes some visits / visitors because of the (different) future date.

Cheers,

Martijn

Level 4

Hi Martijn,

Thanks for this.

Nope - no segments applied to the data.

Toby

Level 3

Well, I did some experiments with one of our sites and as soon as the report goes 1 day into the future I lose 8 million pageviews (about 30% of the total pageviews). So, I have just expierenced the same issue! 

A temporary solution could be to do a monthly breakdown and manually sum up the pageviews in excel, this seems to work.

Martijn

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Toby and Martjin,

This behavior may happen if the real time reporting is turned on which usually is the case in Report Builder. Go to Options and uncheck 'Include current data' and try again. Let me know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Tanmay

Level 3

Thanks a lot Tanmay, that worked for me!

Cheers,

Martijn