Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder - Segment Control - Macro Error

Level 2

I am using Report Builder 5.0 in Excel 2013 on a Windows machine. 

I created a drop down control which contains my segments. I've linked the drop down to the data set as the segment source, but when I select a segment from the drop down...I get a macro error.

My macro settings are wide open in Excel, so could Report Builder cause this error?

Steps to duplicate:

1. Create a new data request showing top 10 pages by pageviews for yesterday. Click next, ok.
  2. Create a new data request 
  3. Click the segment control settings, select all, automatically refresh linked requests upon item selection, choose the cell, click ok
  4. Drop down appears, click cancel
  5. Edit the data showing the 10 pages by pageviews. Choose the cell containing the segment drop down as the source.
  6. Click next, ok.

The error states:

"Cannot run the macro 'FormControlClickEvent'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled"

[img]error.PNG[/img]

[img]macro_settings.PNG[/img]

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I fixed it...

Problem:
Getting the following error message when attempting to use Interactive Controls in Report Builder in Adobe Analytics 
"Cannot run the macro 'FormControlClickEvent'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled."

Reason:
Adobe ReportBuilder.Bridge is not enabled as an Excel Add-in (it may be enabled as a COM Add-in only)

Solution:
Open Excel
Click File
Click Options
Under Manage, select "Excel Add-ins"
Click Go
Adobe.ReportBuilder.Bridge will be missing from list.
Click "Automation"
Select "Adobe.ReportBuilder.Bridge"
Click "OK"
http://www.erichamilton.info/2016/05/as-heavy-user-of-adobe-analytics-i-ran.html

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 1

I'm also experiencing this issue. @Gary - did you find a work around? 

Level 2

Hello,

We have the same issue with newest version of Report Builder (5.2.10). Did any of you found a workaround ?

FYI, I've open an incident with Adobe Customer Care.

Eric

Level 2

Nothing yet. I just upgraded to 5.0.50 and hoped for a fix, but it is still not working.

Level 10

Hi Eric,

Has your issue been resolved by the ClientCare? Could you share your Incident ID so that i could look into it.

Regards,

TM

Level 1

To echo Gary's comment - I abandoned trying to use it in the end

Employee Advisor

Hi Gary, I've followed your steps but can't seem to duplicate the issue. Do you get the same issues when your segment dropdown is in a separate location from existing requests in the workbook?

Level 2

I have not, it still displays the same error for me. Please share the fix if customer care is able to get it working.

Best of luck!

Gary

Correct answer by
Level 4

I fixed it...

Problem:
Getting the following error message when attempting to use Interactive Controls in Report Builder in Adobe Analytics 
"Cannot run the macro 'FormControlClickEvent'. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled."

Reason:
Adobe ReportBuilder.Bridge is not enabled as an Excel Add-in (it may be enabled as a COM Add-in only)

Solution:
Open Excel
Click File
Click Options
Click Go
Click "Automation"
Click "OK"
http://www.erichamilton.info/2016/05/as-heavy-user-of-adobe-analytics-i-ran.html

Level 4

I fixed it...

Problem:

Reason:

Solution:
Open Excel
Click File
Click Options
Click Go
Click "Automation"
Click "OK"

Level 4

I fixed it...

Problem:

Reason:

Solution:
Open Excel
Click File
Click Options
Click Go
Click "Automation"
Click "OK"

Level 4

Adobe Client Care was not able to resolve my issue. They were only able to point me in the right direction.  Here is my incident ID: 160505-000150