Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder - is there an issue?

Level 2

Hi all - I am trying to run some Report Builder requests and not one of them is working. All that happens is that I get the message "Processing requests with no dependencies. Retrieving data." and it just sits there like that for hours and hours on end.

I have uninstalled Report Builder, rebooted my machine, and re-installed Report builder to now avail. I have also tried to run a very simple request and it's also not working. Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you may need to contact ClientCare who can try to see the error logs on the server and dig deeper than any of us can... good luck!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Please check are you using a VPN to connect to make the updates try non VPN?

Is this a new PC? Is it a work Locked build PC?(maybe firewall needs adjustment)

Also sometimes on complex files dont do 100 block updates at once try 10 at a time for example.

Level 2

Thanks - no VPN in use and the same PC has been in use since 2020 and was working on Friday.  I'm only trying a simple request initially too but no luck.

Community Advisor

I opened up my report and tested specifically.. I didn't have issues.. however, over the weekend there were some major updates to Adobe Accounts... maybe somehow you lost access permissions to Report Builder on your account? Or you are logged into your "personal" account instead of your work account... OR maybe your report is pulling from multiple organizations and failing cause the access is now split?

Given the timing.. and the issues I've had so far with the new account structure, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a result of those changes.....

Does anyone else in your company have report builder? Are they having the same issues? 

Level 2

Thanks - I am logged into the organisation account and the permissions seem to be OK as I can set up queries and see the instances. It's just pulling the data that makes it hang.  I will see if I can get my permissions revoked and re-enabled and see if that works.

Community Advisor

this comment here...

It's just pulling the data that makes it hang.  I will see if I can get my permissions revoked and re-enabled and see if that works.

What if for testing you just refreshed 1 data block? does it work vs trying a bunch?

Also is it a work lan or home lan you are on? if on work lan be careful if your IT has used an VLANs they can mess up report builder.

Level 2

I don't know if this is related, but I've also noticed that I am not getting any automated Report Builder requests delivered from Adobe either.

Level 2

Another update. I realised I hadn't had a scheduled Report Builder workbook this week. I have received this message:

Another update. I have noticed that none of my scheduled Report Builder workbooks have been delivered to me in the last few days either. This is the error message I get:

Scheduled Report Builder Workbook Deactivated for X1 and iX1 by day from 1st June 2022.xlsx
The attached workbook failed to deliver for the 3rd time today for the following reason: The workbook failed to deliver due to internal issues.
Please verify this is a valid workbook and reschedule the report. If the issue persists, contact ClientCare and forward this email message.

Report Name: Data by day from 1st June 2022.xlsx
Company: <deleted>
Login: <deleted>
Delivery Frequency: Occurs every weekday at 6:26 AM effective 2022-07-25 until 2023-12-15.
Schedule ID:17816294
Error Code:8019

Clearly there is some sort of issue going on. Any ideas? Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think you may need to contact ClientCare who can try to see the error logs on the server and dig deeper than any of us can... good luck!

Level 1

(Almost) exactly the same issue here. 
Just opened an existing file with the same pc, network, account etc. as usual.

Data Refresh doesn't work - no matter if single or bundled request. Getting stuck on "Processing requests with no dependencies. Retrieving data." 

Tried mutiple times with reastarting excel. Also using a different Account didn't help.

BUT: it works for a view requests, while it fails for some others (always the same ones).

I can't see anything in the requests that could be the cause. For example: 

- same requests settings (simple standard dimensions and metrics) but different report suites: one fails, another one works.

- same report suite but different request settings (simple standard dimensions and metrics): one fails, another works.

Community Advisor

I have seen cases where the excel file was corrupted.

Can you try a couple of the report lets and recreate them in a new document. try perform an update then.

Also for curiosity. what OS, browser combo and excel version?

Ask your IT is port 443 open on your PC still? did you have any system updates like windows 10 to 11 that was performed?