Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder clashing with the new Segmentation Management (for legacy files?)

Level 2

I opened a fairly involved Report Builder workbook this morning...and I now get a message that all of the segments I've been using in the queries are deleted. They're not deleted, and "Edit Multiple" made it pretty easy to reconnect the queries to the original queries en masse, but I now have "Deleted Segment: <segment GUID>" as a second segment for each of my queries. If I edit the individual query, I get a message that I'm trying to use a deleted segment, and I can just click through and refresh the query and that faux ghost of a segment goes away. But...I don't really want to click through multiple dozens of queries across multiple workbooks. Batch query refreshes don't seem to knock out the "deleted" segments.

My suspicion was that segments had to be "upgraded" behind the scenes and that, somehow, that allowed some links to these segments to break.

(FWIW, I had the same issue with both Report Builder 4.7.x and 5.0.x. I initially hoped that upgrading to 5.0 would fix the issue -- for some reason, Report Builder didn't auto update, even though I've got it set to do so...but that's a tertiary issue at best).

Is anyone else getting "deleted segment" messages in Report Builder since the spring release?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

This seems to have been resolved by closing and re-opening the file. I would have sworn that I'd done that when I initially encountered the problem, but maybe not.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

This seems to have been resolved by closing and re-opening the file. I would have sworn that I'd done that when I initially encountered the problem, but maybe not.