Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Regex in Classification Rule Builder

Level 4

Hi All,

I have an eVar that is currently capturing the below as a single string and I want to use a classification rule builder to split the strings between the pipe delimiter. I can have have few or many such strings with few or many pipe delimiters. Is it possible? Any help is much appreciated.

Analyst report|Blog Insight Voices|Brochure|Client story|Datasheet|Demo|eBook|Guide|Infographic|Insight feature|Insight report|Listicle|Podcast Technomics|Product overview|Solution brief|Video|Webinar|Whitepaper

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Panangipallik36,

Possible. We do have an eVar which will capture PageName|FieldName|ErrorName|CalculatorName but it can be PageName|FieldName or PageName|FieldName|ErrorName or PageName|FieldName|ErrorName|CalculatorName. So we have classified it based on its hierarchy: Below the screen grab and its results. Use it!

Rule & Order:

Arun1.png

Results:

Arun.png

Thank You, Arun.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Panangipallik36,

Possible. We do have an eVar which will capture PageName|FieldName|ErrorName|CalculatorName but it can be PageName|FieldName or PageName|FieldName|ErrorName or PageName|FieldName|ErrorName|CalculatorName. So we have classified it based on its hierarchy: Below the screen grab and its results. Use it!

Rule & Order:

Arun1.png

Results:

Arun.png

Thank You, Arun.

Level 3

Hey @PratheepArunRaj ,

I have slightly different scenario:

bottom|bottom|bottom|bottom:299*299|299*299|299*299|299*299

Ends with| or : only applicable to the string prefix of :
Output Should be:
Dimension:299*299

When i pull this report it should have 4 instances for each.

is this possible in classification rule builder?

Community Advisor

Dear @DhanA2 ,

4 instances of each are not possible here if it is an eVar or a Prop. Classification breakdown these dimensions into individual sub-dimensions and cannot be combined based on the said fashion.

So, you first need to create a List Prop/List Variable with the delimiter '|' (pipe). Change the format to 'bottom:299*299|bottom:299*299|bottom:299*299|bottom:299*299' so that it will be broken down into 4 instances of 'bottom:299*299'. Then create a classification (Location & Dimension) for the List Prop/List Variable with the delimiter ':' so that the cumulative instances will be separated into individual sub-dimensions.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

PS: Check out my blog on List Vars and eVars with Classification for more details on the top.

Level 3

Hey @PratheepArunRaj ,

As suggested, I reworked I'm able to break it down but when i apply events as metrics  consolidated event count is applying.

For instance:
error:errortype:errornessage:errorlocation - 1 error event 

When i break down - by  error type getting - 4 error events against  error type
also when we look at total it consolidated as  1 event.
This is bit confusing while tracking events against this list var
Do we have any workaround for this  using calculated metrics?