Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Referring Domains Validity

Level 3

Hi,

I notice that sometimes, the debugger tells me the wrong referring domains.

I went to www.google.com and searched for my company keyword, then, clicked on the right link on the search result to land on our website. The DigitalPulse debugger did not tell me that the referring domain is www.google.com but instead, is the index page of our website. Why so?

Besides that, I went to our company youtube channel and clicked on our website link on our youtube channel to come to our website. Again, DigitalPulse debugger did not tell me that I came from youtube. 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

For debugger please refer to "Using the DigitalPulse Debugger" (http://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/using/digitalpulse-debugger.html).

Please mark it as solved if that answers your query. Helps in faster identification and resolution of unanswered questions.

Thanks and Regards

Akhil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

It might be due to the fact that there is a redirected between google and you site of youtube and your site. If case of a redirect, if you do not set up the right redirect the original referrer, in your case google or youtube is lost.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Level 3

Alexis Cazes wrote...

Hi,

It might be due to the fact that there is a redirected between google and you site of youtube and your site. If case of a redirect, if you do not set up the right redirect the original referrer, in your case google or youtube is lost.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Right, it could be that case.

Btw, what is the latest version of DigitalPulse Debugger? Where to obtain it?

Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hi,

DigitalPulse debugger is good tool to start to debug. However you might want to switvch to a packet monitor like HttpFox or Charles.

If you filter by /b/ss you will only obtain image request generated by SiteCatalyst implementation. The link that Akhil should provide the list of all the parameters and what they correspond too.

Best regards.

Alexis Cazes

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

For debugger please refer to "Using the DigitalPulse Debugger" (http://helpx.adobe.com/analytics/using/digitalpulse-debugger.html).

Please mark it as solved if that answers your query. Helps in faster identification and resolution of unanswered questions.

Thanks and Regards

Akhil