Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Referrers report with 0% bounce rate & high time spent

Level 3

Hi people,

I have a question and it's kind of confusing me here. While looking at referrers or marketing channels report, I'm able to see visits, pageviews & avg.time spent (which is high in some cases) & 0% Bounce rate%

​Even if we are calculating it, using entries, Bounces are 0 (BR%= bounces/entries). Can it be the case that users are simply navigating & clicking to other pages (generating one image request), hence more Avg.time spent & 0% BR%?

​This is what the data looks like:

​                              Pageview/visit           BR%             Avg.time spent

​LinkedIn organic:    17                              0%                  9.57

​other referrers         14                              0%                  36

​Would appreciate if you can share some insights on it.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This would happen if you're sending multiple image requests on each page, either using multiple page views or a page view and a custom link call. If you have a URL you can share, I'd be happy to validate that.

If you're not willing to update your implementation, you could use the alternative calculation of [single access] / [entries]. Single access counts towards anyone who has a single pagename value in a visit, which means that it counts people who trigger multiple image requests to the same page, but doesn't count towards people who navigate to a second page.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This would happen if you're sending multiple image requests on each page, either using multiple page views or a page view and a custom link call. If you have a URL you can share, I'd be happy to validate that.

If you're not willing to update your implementation, you could use the alternative calculation of [single access] / [entries]. Single access counts towards anyone who has a single pagename value in a visit, which means that it counts people who trigger multiple image requests to the same page, but doesn't count towards people who navigate to a second page.