Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

"Unspecified" value in Entry Rate and Exit Rate

Level 3

Hello everyone,

I have a report with Page Dimension and metrics Entry rate and Exit Rate applied over it.

I see a 100% entry and exit rate with the value "Unspecified". To find the root cause I broke down "unspecified" with the below dimensions and the following is what I got"

Unspecified

->Broke down with Link section -> value 'Footer'

->Broke down further with Browser -> value 'Google Chrome 104.0

->Broke down further with Operating System Types -> value 'Apple Machintosh'

->Broke down further with Day -> Aug 23, 2022, shows the day where entry and exit rate was 100%

->Broke down the day Aug 23, 2022, with Hour of Day and it shows Entry and Exit rate 100% at 5 pm.

What do I conclude with this and how could I resolve this?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

How is "Link section" tracked? Is it tracked when users click on links in that particular section of the web page?

Level 3

A link Section is not precisely a link but a page section, like header, footer, menu, blog etc.

So this link section is set to an eVar and has been placed in the set variables in the launch.

Level 3

Posting the solution as received from Adobe Support Team. Just incase it helps someone.

Issue: 100% entry and exit rate for "unspecified" page name

The entry rate is calculated as Entries / Visits.

The number of entries(Entries metric) as well as number of visits for "unspecified" page name is 1. So, the percentage of entries(entry rate) will be 100%. 

[Same goes for exit rate]

Since there is only 1 such case out of 23K values, you can ignore it for reporting purpose.