Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

"Site Totals"

Level 3

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but didn't there use to be an uber-report called "Site Totals" or "Overview" in the Site Metrics section of reports?

It contained a very important (to me) metric that I haven't been able to replace or replicate:  average time per visit.

I have tried using Total Seconds divided by Visits divided by 60 from the Key Metrics report, but the number I come up with is really different from what I used to get.  For many months, the "Site Totals" report gave me consistent visit lengths of about six and a half minutes, but Total Seconds divided by Visits divided by 60 is resulting in four and a half minutes.  (I went back to older data to check).

If anybody knows where that other "average time per visit" metric went to, I'd love to know.  This client will not be happy about being told that suddenly SiteCatalyst is calculating things differently.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Average Time Spent per visit is still available in R&A- steps to pull in the metric are below.

Best,

Brian

Reference Info:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/average-time-spent-on-site.html

Method 3: Use the marketing reports and analytics capability

Marketing reports & analytics users have the Average Time Spent on Site metric automatically integrated into the Site Overview report. Users can also obtain this data in a Report Suite Summary reportlet:

1. Open an existing dashboard editor or Create a new dashboard.
  2. In the left reportlet menu, navigate to Add Content > Custom Reportlets > Data Content > Report Suite Summary. Drag the Report Suite Summary reportlet to an available location on your dashboard canvas.
  3. Ensure that Average Time Spent on Site is one of the selected metrics in the column on the right.
  4. Click Update within the reportlet, then save the dashboard. Average Time Spent on Site is shown in minutes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Average Time Spent per visit is still available in R&A- steps to pull in the metric are below.

Best,

Brian

Reference Info:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/average-time-spent-on-site.html

Method 3: Use the marketing reports and analytics capability

Marketing reports & analytics users have the Average Time Spent on Site metric automatically integrated into the Site Overview report. Users can also obtain this data in a Report Suite Summary reportlet:

1. Open an existing dashboard editor or Create a new dashboard.
  2. In the left reportlet menu, navigate to Add Content > Custom Reportlets > Data Content > Report Suite Summary. Drag the Report Suite Summary reportlet to an available location on your dashboard canvas.
  3. Ensure that Average Time Spent on Site is one of the selected metrics in the column on the right.
  4. Click Update within the reportlet, then save the dashboard. Average Time Spent on Site is shown in minutes.