Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Question regarding Visits

Level 3

Hello All,

If I open my web application in two different tabs and execute it. I fire success events from both the tabs.

Some of my success events are serialized (i.e. I am recording once for the Visit).

Will the same event that gets fired from both the tabs be counted as 1 OR 2?

In short, will SiteCatalyst consider the two different instances of application as single visit or multiple visit?

Also, my application does not require login.

Please advise.

Regards 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Sameer,

If you are maintaining the same visitor ID and are sending your data to the same report suite then in theory the tracking should track as a single visit. However the overall details are far too sparse to be certain. I would highly recommend you do live testing under the exact outlined scenario conditions and track along with some common identifying ID value in both tab sessions. That way you can know for sure and discover if there are any case exceptions.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Sameer,

If you are maintaining the same visitor ID and are sending your data to the same report suite then in theory the tracking should track as a single visit. However the overall details are far too sparse to be certain. I would highly recommend you do live testing under the exact outlined scenario conditions and track along with some common identifying ID value in both tab sessions. That way you can know for sure and discover if there are any case exceptions.

Best,

Brian

Level 3

Thanks

I am going to generate unique ID and fire my events like below:

s.events="event3:402152660408638";

I believe, that should do it.

Regards