Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

products variable adobe analytics

Level 2

I'm fairly new to Adobe Analytics and have a basic conceptual query-

Since the Products variable is a custom string, how can we define the dimension items?

And, if, we were to pass product id as the leading string in the products variable, is there any way to find out the total of product id's passed? (Considering the case where we are tracking multiple products at once )

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

@prerna  In addition to @vibhatna  you can either pass the Product name or Product Id in your Products string. So if you are passing Product ID than you can check the 'Product' dimension in the Workspace reports and if you want to pass the product name in Products string than you might need to pass the product id in a separate custom variable (eVar) and then you can use that evar in the reports along with its instances metric to get the counts of the product ids.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

@prerna 

Product is passed by implementing s.products. 

Syntax for s.products = Category;Product;Unit;Price

In the syntax above you can pass the category of the Product, Product name, SKU etc.

Example: s.products = Electrical App;Fan;1;20

Here Electrical App is the category and Fan is the product user purchased.

For your reference:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/products.html?lang=e...

In Analytics UI/workspace you can look for "Product" dimension which is an out of the box dimension. This dimension captures all the Product values passed in the above s.products string.  So "Fan" will go to the Products report, "Electrical App" will to Category report. 

Correct answer by
Level 7

@prerna  In addition to @vibhatna  you can either pass the Product name or Product Id in your Products string. So if you are passing Product ID than you can check the 'Product' dimension in the Workspace reports and if you want to pass the product name in Products string than you might need to pass the product id in a separate custom variable (eVar) and then you can use that evar in the reports along with its instances metric to get the counts of the product ids.

Level 2
Hi @amgup - I am passing product IDs but I don't see any Product dimension in workspace reports, is there anything I might be missing out?

Level 7

Are you seeing Product in a normal Report Suite or Virtual Report Suite ? If it is a virtual report suite than it might be curated.

Level 2
@amgup- This might be the reason. I'm seeing another dimension (say A) instead of the product dimension. Are there any settings I can configure to verify this?

Level 7
In workspace panel click on the Report Suite selector drop down and check whether there is a green dot besides the Report Suite name. If there, than it is a virtual report suite and you might need to include the Product variable from Virtual Report Suite manager.