Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Processing Rules - Using Hit Attributes

Level 2

Hello,

When writing a processing rule, one of the options for changing a variable's value is to choose a "Hit Attribute," among which is the value "Report Suite ID". I would like to know if this really means literally that the RSID will be inserted as a new value, or, am I missing something? I have looked through the documentation but I am not finding information about these "Hit Attributes" and how they are used.

The reason for the question is that we capture the RSID in a property, but the site code occasionally goes rogue and inserts an improper value. Yes, it would be nice if the code monkeys would fix the code, but we're overwhelmed with work and that's not going to happen soon. In the meantime, I would like to clean it up.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

mp

"He flung himself from the room, flung himself upon his horse and rode madly off in all directions." - Stephen Leacock

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've not used the "Report Suite ID" specifically, but I have used other Hit Attributes such as User Agent.

In my rule I choose an eVar and set the value of it to User Agent:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1692328063089.png

I've never had any issues with this, I would expect the Report Suite ID to act the same.

For your comment:

the site code occasionally goes rogue and inserts an improper value.

I assume you mean just the value you are populating into the dimension (eVar or Prop) and not where your tracking is being sent? In which case, I would think that replacing the manual setting of your dimension with this will be more reliable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've not used the "Report Suite ID" specifically, but I have used other Hit Attributes such as User Agent.

In my rule I choose an eVar and set the value of it to User Agent:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1692328063089.png

I've never had any issues with this, I would expect the Report Suite ID to act the same.

For your comment:

the site code occasionally goes rogue and inserts an improper value.

I assume you mean just the value you are populating into the dimension (eVar or Prop) and not where your tracking is being sent? In which case, I would think that replacing the manual setting of your dimension with this will be more reliable.

Level 2

Hello,

Thank you for the confirmation. We use the value in the prop to segment traffic in our rollup RS, so relatively small amounts of error can have cascading ill effects.

Now, if I could just figure out why we still get 'Unspecified', my life would be complete. But, that's a question for another day.

Thanks again.

mp

"He flung himself from the room, flung himself upon his horse and rode madly off in all directions." - Stephen Leacock

Community Advisor

Glad to help...

Is it still "unspecified" even after adding this as a processing rule?

Community Advisor

It looks like they are trying to capture the RSID into a dimension, not change it. 

Report Suite ID is available in processing rules for this type of request:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1692632619585.png