Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Problem with tracking in the context of aggregation to predefined channels

Level 1

Hi,

Please help me with below issue.

There is "unknown paid channel" traffic in our Adobe Analytics reports, which we assume was previously our tactical efforts. Also "unknown campaign ids" is showed up as unknown traffic, which we think might be our mailing activity.

Can you help to answer why this traffic started getting attributed to unknown sources? In the April reports it was traffic well attributed to our paid channels. So now could this be a bug in Adobe Analytics?

Many thanks in advance.

Best, 

Ewa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Tip: You can edit your post at any time, so that saves you the need to add this second post.

For this 2nd question: the parameter is defined in your Analytics implementation.

• If you're using AEP Data Collection Tags a.k.a. Adobe Launch, then check the Analytics extension for its "Campaign" input, found in Global Variables > Additional Settings.
  • If you're using the AppMeasurement.js code directly in your pages, then check the s.campaign variable.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

And second question: what is the parametr in Adobe Analytics which allow us to recognise paid channels? I mean the similar element to GA's UTM.

Thanks, 

Ewa

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Tip: You can edit your post at any time, so that saves you the need to add this second post.

For this 2nd question: the parameter is defined in your Analytics implementation.

• If you're using AEP Data Collection Tags a.k.a. Adobe Launch, then check the Analytics extension for its "Campaign" input, found in Global Variables > Additional Settings.
  • If you're using the AppMeasurement.js code directly in your pages, then check the s.campaign variable.

Community Advisor

Which dimension are you using where you see "unknown paid channel"? Similarly, which dimension are you using where you see "unknown campaign ids"?

Perhaps a screenshot can help to clarify what you're seeing.