Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Problem downloading PDF from Data Workbench help ...

Level 1

Hi,

When I click on the pdf link to download (or open) the Data Workbench documentation in the Help section of AMC I just get an error message ...

... is this just me???

Is there anywhere else I can get the doc?

Cheers

John

P.S. I have uploaded an attachment which shows where I got the error ...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would recommend deleting and re-downloading the file, saving it to your computer. If it's still having issues there, you could try extracting the files using an alternate file archiver, such as winzip or 7zip.

If the file archivers are also saying the file is corrupted, your best bet is going to be using an alternate browser. I was able to successfully access the documentation within the folder as well, so I fairly certain that the file on the web server is not corrupted.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi, John. Sorry to hear you're running into this issue.

The download seems to work just fine at this end.

In the document you attached, you indicated that you clicked "Open" (vs. "Save" or "Cancel") in the File Download dialog box.
If you choose "Save" instead, do you still encounter the same issue?

Also, have you tried downloading this using a different browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)?
If you haven't tried yet, I recommend doing so and letting us know if it worked there or not.

Level 1

Thanks v much for the reply. Unfortunately my main work PC only has IE8 installed on it (!!!), so if the web browser is the problem then I am stuffed (... until the end of the week when I can try it on my PC in another office which has Chrome!).

Anyway, yes I have tried saving the file, but when I try and open the zip file I just get an error message that says: "The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted."

Cheers

John

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I would recommend deleting and re-downloading the file, saving it to your computer. If it's still having issues there, you could try extracting the files using an alternate file archiver, such as winzip or 7zip.

If the file archivers are also saying the file is corrupted, your best bet is going to be using an alternate browser. I was able to successfully access the documentation within the folder as well, so I fairly certain that the file on the web server is not corrupted.