Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

An idea on "List Var" wait for clarified with you

Level 1

Hi, after reading the article about the "List Variable", I'm not sure if I get it or not, so I want to clarify with you.

"List Variables" ---"You can use these variables to see cause and effect among multiple elements on a single page, such as product lists, wish lists, lists of search refinements, or lists of display ads."

For example, if I define the "s.list1= ad1, ad2, ad3 balabala", assumed that a visitor click "ad1" to a productA description page, and add this product into a cart. Then, he click "ad2" and enter productB's description page, add productB into the same cart within a visit, then, he purchase them.

So, does that mean, the "s.list1"will contain "ad1"and "ad2" for the specific visit, cause the visitor bought two items by clicking through the two ads?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Yang,

List Vars essentially operate in the exact same way as Custom Conversion (eVars) variables EXCEPT the values within the tracking set delimited list are broken out individually in the end List reports and any allocation is handled at this same line item level.

Your example depends on the allocation settings of the List Var in question and the order of operations in terms of the tracking, but I suspect the end results would not be as you expect due to the allocation binding would be to the full set list ( ad1, ad2, ad3, etc.). In other words assuming a visit expiration for the List Var it will not matter if there only were certain ads clicked later in time from your original list setting. Since you specified a full list of several values to start which initiates persistence for each line item; therefore each value will bind accordingly to any subsequent events per the expiration.

An in depth overview with allocation examples can be found in the help site link below:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/listN.html

Key Concept regarding allocation and List Vars:

• Allocation: This setting determines how success events divide credit between values:
    • Full: All variable values defined prior to the variable's expiration get full credit for success events.
    • Linear: All variable values defined prior to the variable's expiration get credit divided credit for conversion events.
    • Variable values are never overwritten, but instead added to the values that get credit for success events.

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Yang,

List Vars essentially operate in the exact same way as Custom Conversion (eVars) variables EXCEPT the values within the tracking set delimited list are broken out individually in the end List reports and any allocation is handled at this same line item level.

Your example depends on the allocation settings of the List Var in question and the order of operations in terms of the tracking, but I suspect the end results would not be as you expect due to the allocation binding would be to the full set list ( ad1, ad2, ad3, etc.). In other words assuming a visit expiration for the List Var it will not matter if there only were certain ads clicked later in time from your original list setting. Since you specified a full list of several values to start which initiates persistence for each line item; therefore each value will bind accordingly to any subsequent events per the expiration.

An in depth overview with allocation examples can be found in the help site link below:

http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/listN.html

Key Concept regarding allocation and List Vars:

• Allocation: This setting determines how success events divide credit between values:
    • Full: All variable values defined prior to the variable's expiration get full credit for success events.
    • Linear: All variable values defined prior to the variable's expiration get credit divided credit for conversion events.
    • Variable values are never overwritten, but instead added to the values that get credit for success events.

Best,

Brian

Level 1

Thank you!

Where can I get the "List Var" reports? in the Custom Conversion?

Thanks!

Employee

You should be able to enable as an Adobe Analytics Admin user for a given report suite in the Admin Console under Conversion>List Variables menu.

Best,

Brian