Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Pre-optIn approvals not working

Level 5

Hi Everyone,

I am implementing the Optin feature for one of the websites and from the requirements, I have to keep AA and Target as TRUE always.

I tried to implement it via a rule in Launch as - 

adobe.optIn.approve(adobe.OptInCategories.ANALYTICS, true);
adobe.optIn.approve(adobe.OptInCategories.ECID, true);
adobe.optIn.approve(adobe.OptInCategories.TARGET, true);
adobe.optIn.complete();

Whenever I check on the website, I can see that sometimes the OptIn permissions get updated and sometimes not. No idea why this scenario is appearing!

So, I tried configuring Pre-Opt In approvals instead of configuring it in Launch rule.

Now, whenever I access the website - I check for Adobe.OptIn.permissions and see AA as false, which should not be the case.

Is there anything that I am missing here?

Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 21.50.41.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can try using the adobe.optIn.approveAll() method to approve all categories:

adobe.optIn.approveAll();
adobe.optIn.complete();

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can try using the adobe.optIn.approveAll() method to approve all categories:

adobe.optIn.approveAll();
adobe.optIn.complete();

Level 5

Hi @Hemang35 - As I have mentioned in the description, I have tried that and it doesn't seem to help. So, I was trying the option of Pre-Optin approval - which doesn't seem to fix the issue as well.

Issue being faced: ECID cookies are present ---> But, the s_fid cookie is getting created and MID is not taking precedence over FID(which should be the case) and tags are being sent with minimal parameters.