Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Power BI Desktop Adobe Analytics Connector

Level 2

As of 10/20 I have not been able to access data via the built in connector. When I attempt to authenticate I get a cross-site forgery message. Anyone else run into this? I have had a few co-workers try to access and they are getting the same message. Adobe did turn off some API connection options on 10/20, so the timeline works out, but not sure if that is related or not. This connection was highly touted by both Adobe and Mircosoft and would find it pretty disappointing if the connection is now not functional due to this.

https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis/blob/master/docs/APIEOL.md?mkt_tok=MzYwLUtDSS04MDQAA...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I was able to resolve by updating to the Oct version of PBI Desktop. The API sunset Adobe did in Oct impacted my older version of Desktop I was running. Note: If you are running Widows 7 the update will not work as Microsoft stopped supporting that in Jan 2021, and they supposedly addressed the API change in the April 2021 update. If you do attempt to update to a current release while still on Windows 7 you will no longer be able to use/open PBI Desktop. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Desktop-not-running-on-Windows-7-64-bit-machine/td...

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@chrisl32209189 - While the date coincides with shutting down of API 1.3, it shouldn't impact API 1.4 REST services. That said, I have heard of such cross-site forgery error even for other connectors like sharepoint, etc. and not specific to Adobe Analytics. I have seen some threads in Power BI community. Could you check once?

Thanks!

Level 2

Thanks @Ishan_Sinha_.  I have checked the PowerBI forums and most say they have worked past by sheer brute force by continuing to try and log in. I have attempted to login 30+ times over the past few days and that particular solution has not worked. As you mentioned most of the threads relate to sharepoint, azure, etc.. and don't exactly correlate to the Anayltics connector.

Employee Advisor

Yes, that's correct @chrisl32209189 . As we see the same error for sharepoint, azure, etc. I don't think it's specific to Adobe Analytics and is something within Power BI. However, I'm not 100% sure - may be some other user might have experienced this before and know a way to resolve it.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Level 2

I was able to resolve by updating to the Oct version of PBI Desktop. The API sunset Adobe did in Oct impacted my older version of Desktop I was running. Note: If you are running Widows 7 the update will not work as Microsoft stopped supporting that in Jan 2021, and they supposedly addressed the API change in the April 2021 update. If you do attempt to update to a current release while still on Windows 7 you will no longer be able to use/open PBI Desktop. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-BI-Desktop-not-running-on-Windows-7-64-bit-machine/td...