Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

App visits count

Level 2

Hi,

I have found solutions some of my queries as below regarding app visits:

Example 1:
A user is in the app for two minutes, backgrounds the app for two minutes, returns to the app for two minutes, and then leaves the app for the day.
There is one visit and one launch.
The visit length is 6 minutes (the time between the first server call to Adobe and the last).
The session is a four-minute session because Adobe subtracts the two minutes the app was in the background.
There is one launch (or session) metric because the user came back into the app before the SDK timeout value was exceeded.
Example 2:
A user is in the app for two minutes, backgrounds the app for tem minutes, returns to the app for two minutes, and then leaves the app for the day.
There is one visit and two launches.
The visit length will be 14 minutes.
There are two launches/sessions, each for two minutes
There are two launches because the user exceeded the five-minute timeout while the app was in the background.

I just want to know what will be the visit count as per below example:

Example 3:

A user is in the app for two minutes > kill the app > opens the app after 10 minutes and stays for 2 minutes, and then leaves the app for the day.

Please help me to understand the visit count.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @rocky4025025 I agree with @Garretth . Visit count should be same for both example 2 and 3.

Note: Visits increment conditions [12 Hours of continuous activity or 30 minutes of inactivity or 2500 hits or 100 hits in 100 seconds]
So if you kill the app and reopen it within a window of 30 mins, I would expect the visit count to not change.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

Hi, 

I understand the difference between your example 2 and example 3 to be that the user killed the app in their usage of the app rather than sending it to the background. This documentation treats a return to the app and bringing the app from the background the same and as a launch: 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/mobile-services/using/get-started-ug/mobile-metrics/metrics-...

"Triggered on a run that is not an install or an upgrade. This also triggers when the application is brought out of the background. By default, a new launch triggers when the application is in the background for five or more minutes."

So I would expect the 2nd and 3rd example to report the same. 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @rocky4025025 I agree with @Garretth . Visit count should be same for both example 2 and 3.

Note: Visits increment conditions [12 Hours of continuous activity or 30 minutes of inactivity or 2500 hits or 100 hits in 100 seconds]
So if you kill the app and reopen it within a window of 30 mins, I would expect the visit count to not change.