Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

Power Bi Connector - Data Refresh

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at creating a Power BI Report that links data from Adobe Analytics and other sources. However, whilst I've managed to obtain the data via the connector and publish the views to an online workspace, I'm unable to automate the refresh of the data to make it usable.

Has anyone been able to connect Adobe Analytics to Power Bi using the connector and been able to refresh the data within an online workspace automatically?

I ideally don't want to go down the Report Builder Route if possible as that has limitations of the data it can pull.

TIA

Matthew

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Matthew_Gray 

In order to refresh the dataset and analyze correct data for your reports follow the steps mentioned below:

1. To refresh manually, open the dataset options menu from your workspace, Select Datasets and click Refresh Now.
  2. To schedule refreshes, open the dataset options menu from your workspace then select Datasets and click Schedule Refresh. Enable the option to keep your data up to date. Specify the refresh frequency in the menus.
  3. In the Report view, click Refresh to sync the report with the dataset as you work.

I hope this resolves your problem.

Thanks.

Level 2

Hi Pankaj,

Thanks for the above and thought this would be the case but the schedule refresh section is greyed out for me?

I'm new to Power BI, is this a case of not having the right access?

Thanks

Matthew

Level 1

Hi @Matthew_Gray 

Updating data in PowerBI can be difficult. Even though you have a connector set up, it is done through a connector. I won't refresh the data unless it told to. There some ways to get around this. 

1. Set up your PC to update the data. This will fail if your PC is not on the time you have asked it to update. 
  2. Connect your data through the Azure Data Lake. This can be set up in PowerBI App - this will allow the app to access the data online, and then push it your report. Be aware that your dataset is not your connector, but it is the datalake. If you do not have a virtual machine that push data into a database, this is the easiest way to get around it.