Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Power BI & Adobe Analytics Connector Maximum retry count reached Error

Level 2

Hi, can anyone help me please with advice on this error, I can't even get data for a couple of days. I am using 3 Dimensions type of data and 6 Metrics type of data. I know what the error means but not how to fix it, thanks!

pauloheredia_0-1708722012177.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I found the cause in my case. An evar was renamed by my admin after the report was originally built and the PowerBI source was still using the old name. This caused the request to fail, and then retry over and over hitting the retry max. So examine the config of the query to Adobe and make sure all the references are current/correct.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I've run into similar issues with connectors and it can be frustrating.  If possible, I'd try to break your data into multiple sources and keep each one as simple as possible.  

Level 1

I am getting this too on a report that worked fine before and hadn't been refreshed in awhile. 

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Maximum retry count has been reached, and the report is not ready. Try increasing the max retry count..

Where do I find the max retry count?

Correct answer by
Level 1

I found the cause in my case. An evar was renamed by my admin after the report was originally built and the PowerBI source was still using the old name. This caused the request to fail, and then retry over and over hitting the retry max. So examine the config of the query to Adobe and make sure all the references are current/correct.

Community Advisor

Thanks for sharing the cause!  That's always helpful for the next person who runs into a similar issue!