Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Product string information present in data warehouse system but no reflecting in adobe analytics

Level 1

Hi,

We ran into a strange issue where we are seeing Unspecified values for a dimension for order metrics, but when i breakdown it with Product dimension that should ideally give me product string or codes, but it is not the case. Regardless of the flow on every order a product string should pass. While i see the product string on data warehouse system (Hive) i dont find those product string in workspace. Im trying to find the root cause of this and replicate the scenario, has anyone has faced this issue before and got any solution. Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I haven't seen such an issue.. could you give us more detail about what you are seeing.

Such as, what are you sending in your tracking calls (you can change the values to sample data), then what/how are you pulling your Workspace report?

Having a few more details would allow us to test a similar situation and see if we can replicate the issue.

Level 1

Hi Jennifer, i'm sending product string which contains events merch evars and product codes, based on product codes my other dimensions like product category, product type gets classified, for example if my product string is like this 

mob;25BXC;1;481.84;event321=1|event320=481.84;eVar31=samsung|eVar34=galaxy|eVar33=black |evar2=324235

mob is category 

25bx is product code 
then followed by quantity, price, events and merch evars, now the issue is when i breakdown unspecified values under category i dont see mob (mobile), but i do see orders, as per my implementation order is passed only when there is a confirmation number like we have in evar 2, so i can confirmation number but not the product code but when i look at hive i can see complete product string and product code but i cant see that in workspace. Hope this helps.

Thank you for quick answer!

Community Advisor

Hmm you're right, that all looks correct. Is this impacting all products or just a few?

I assume with a category like "mob" for mobile, this is coming from your mobile app? Or maybe this is a mobile product?

I would first run through a test, ensure that semi-colons are in fact being used, that multiple products on the same call are being separated by commas. I know this sounds basic, but those characters can look really similar, but any misplaced character can make or break the processing of the product as a whole... From the behaviour, it really sounds like a comma was used instead of a semi-colon somewhere in the string...