Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Plotting Cumulative Graph In Adobe Analytics

Level 2

Hi,

I want to plot cumulative graphs in AA. Currently it supports daily graph. Is there a way we can get it easily?

For now I am using custom date ranges to achieve it. But this is resulting in too much of manual effort.

Eg. of Custom Date Ranges Segments below

ranka25_0-1659981503821.png

Use Case : AB Analysis

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can create a custom calculation metric for "Cumulative"

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1659981634726.png

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1659981641855.png

In Calculated Metrics do the following:

• Add: Function
  • In the Select area, start searching for "Cumulative" (there is both "Cumulative" and "Cumulative Average"
    Jennifer_Dungan_2-1659981757560.png
  • Then as the screenshot above, you can specify either the number of rows you want to include (or use "0" to make the cumulative average use all rows in your report date range)
  • Then pull in the metric you want to use

Hopefully you have the rights to create custom metrics, or you may have to get your admin person to create a "Cumulative Average Metric X" that you can use in your reports.

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1659982168565.png

Good luck.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can create a custom calculation metric for "Cumulative"

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1659981634726.png

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1659981641855.png

In Calculated Metrics do the following:

• Add: Function
  • In the Select area, start searching for "Cumulative" (there is both "Cumulative" and "Cumulative Average"
    Jennifer_Dungan_2-1659981757560.png
  • Then as the screenshot above, you can specify either the number of rows you want to include (or use "0" to make the cumulative average use all rows in your report date range)
  • Then pull in the metric you want to use

Hopefully you have the rights to create custom metrics, or you may have to get your admin person to create a "Cumulative Average Metric X" that you can use in your reports.

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1659982168565.png

Good luck.

Level 2

This works!

This method works like a charm for metrics which are additive in nature eg. Orders, no. of page views.

Although for Unique Visitors(UV) it gives different values than what I wanted.

Eg. Data at a Daily Level

Aug 1 has 10 UVs

Aug 2 has 10 UVs

Now for Aug 1 to Aug 2 :
UV count will be less than 20 as some visitors are getting repeated and not 10+10 = 20.

Currently the above method gives 20, Is there any work around for metrics which are not additive?

Community Advisor

Ah... interesting that it's double counting your UVs... likely cause it's looking at them as individual daily granularity....

But you're right... that's not what you need.... hmm I was trying to play around with this and so far have not found a solution... but I am not going to give up.... let me try playing with this and I will get back to you....

Community Advisor

@ranka_ujjwal I just checked with some Adobe folks... they are aware of this, but it's in the backlog..... 

If you need cumulative reports for UVs you may be stuck with the date range option....

However, have you considered creating rolling date ranges?

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1659986262026.png

And

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1659986289487.png

That you can reuse every month?

It will require manual setup... but then it can be reused, as opposed to setting up specific "Aug 1" and "Aug 1-2", etc ranges....

(Months with 28 and 30 days get a little complicated), but it still might save you some work.... unless someone needs to go back and check older data....  you might need to do Previous Month and Current Month, etc for MOM comparisons......

Level 2

Ah

I hope this gets resolved for metrics which are not additive.

Although, thanks for the suggestions Jennifer!

Community Advisor

Me too! But I'm glad I could help you out at least a little today!