Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Time Comparison QTD Last Year vs. QTD This Year

Level 1

I am looking for a way compare my data using the following time ranges:

Fiscal QTD Last Year (Aug - Oct) vs. Fiscal QTD This Year (Aug - Oct) 

How can I set this up?

Help much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can create some permanent custom date ranges that support your needs:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1658931071876.png

You will probably want to set up 4 such Date Ranges, your custom 4 quarters for this year, and last year (rolling) so that you can re-use these for multiple reports.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can create some permanent custom date ranges that support your needs:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1658931071876.png

You will probably want to set up 4 such Date Ranges, your custom 4 quarters for this year, and last year (rolling) so that you can re-use these for multiple reports.

Level 1

Hi Jennifer,

thank you. But there is probably no way to hard-code this into the AA UI, correct?

Regards,

Marc

Community Advisor

If you create your own custom ranges, they will be available to all users in the "preset dates" on your workspace panels and they will be available as permanent Date Ranges to be dragged and dropped from the components panel.

I didn't want to shift the config for my suite "week" from the default, so I created my own custom ranges.

You can see them in the presets:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1658934964296.png

They also show in the components:

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1658935055646.png

You could also try the Customize Calendar in the suite settings (I "assume" that this will also change the quarter definitions - I've never tried)

Standard:

Jennifer_Dungan_2-1658935440114.png

If you use "Modified Gregorian Calendar", you can choose the "First Month of the Year" and "First Day of the Week":

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1658935590718.png

This should make the default quarter rules adjust to your customized calendar

Community Advisor

@schimmelreiter I know this thread is a bit old, but for other users who stumble across this... Not sure if maybe in the past changing your calendar didn't affect quarter definitions, but it does now... I was working on a presentation and played around with a dev suite:

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1660018569291.png

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1660018580287.png

Quarters DO change their definitions when you change your Suite's Calendar options!